"He was a squinty schlump of a person all bent over. Then Dean suddenly got up and this ugly person became a dream, an Adonis who started to dance around the room. It was a transition I couldn't believe. During our first meeting Jim asked me if I would shoot him, not as a regular session, but to document his activities. It soon developed that he wanted to shoot me as well, so we began classes," said photographer Roy Schatt.
- James Dean with Martin Landau in New York City
- The collection is fully licensed by the James Dean Estate
- 25 numbered prints available in size 11"x14"
- 150 numbered prints available in sizes 16"x20", 20"x24" & 24"x30"
- Printed on archival photo paper and hand-framed in black wood, with preservation-grade matting and UV-protective screen
Prints are individually numbered and presented with a unique Certificate of Authenticity.
The total edition for each image is 495.
The photos are developed using the chromogenic print (C-print) process and printed on archival-quality paper.
The print is hand-framed in black wood, comes with acid-free matting and hinging, and is protected by UV acrylic to prevent fading. Sold ready to hang.
All sizes are measured from the inside of the frame.
All Classic Stills artworks can be returned within 7 days of delivery.
To view our full returns policy, click here.